I’m a prolific reader of fiction. My average over the past 35 years has been around 60 books per year. I will admit that my recall of material is not that great as speed reading doesn’t really help my retention, which is why I have certain books that I read over and over again, I expect.
My goal in 2020 is to read 20 books. I need to slow down and consider more of what I read. I want to read more non-fiction. I want to capture those things that mean something to me in a commonplace book.
Here is my beginning list of what I want to read in 2020:
- The Bible – it has been several years since I read through it. The time has come to do it again. Approximately 4 chapters per day
- Digital Minimalism – Cal Newport – I need to get away from the tyranny of the immediate related to my smart-phone. Ironically, I purchased this for my Kindle Paperwhite.
- Deep Work – Cal Newport – anything worth doing is worth doing well. As an educator, I am convinced that preparing young people for new ways of being superstars in their chosen career fields is my most vital role.
- Book 4 of the Bloody Pines series by R.W. Mayfield – I’m so proud of my son for his writing efforts. You should check him out – R.W. Mayfield
- Articles and research on Work Based Learning
- Articles and research on personal effectiveness
That’s what I have on the docket. I would appreciate your suggestions and recommendations. You can find me on Goodreads here. I appreciate other reading friends.